Author Topic: Marvel Comics  (Read 81 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Marvel Comics
« on: December 30, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/2017-year-almost-everything-went-wrong-marvel-comics-1070616

While the movie division is doing awesomely this year alone it seems like there was a controversy every month for the comic book line, I haven't personally read any marvel stories since they cancelled the guardians of the galaxy/cosmic storyline books and what they did to both the x-men and the fantastic four books was down right disgraceful.  The whole lets replace all the characters we know and love with women and other ethnicities or even changing long time character sexual orientations I knew that wasn't going to go down well with many.   Most people know the characters from the movies soo seeing a black teenage girl running around in Iron Man Armor is sure to make people go wtf??

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Comics
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
Yea, that was a little weird, I saw the action figure of "iron heart" at the local EB Games store and I was a little confused, I can understand the desire to be a little more inclusive, but there is some silliness I can't deal with. I mean sure you can have these characters but maybe say they are the hero in training or alternate dimension versions of said characters.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
Speaking of not-ironman, you mentioned a while ago something about marvel having a Canadian Iron man character? I can't seem to find it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:13:42 PM by LoganN64 »
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
I don't recall that but from what I can find on google/wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_(Canadian_comics) do you mean this?

Also I find it really funny the new Editor in chief of Marvel comics outted himself as posing as a Japanese writer in the early 2000's just 11 days into the job

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »
I dont know, you mentioned he had a suit like Tony Stark and that he was new. And from marvel.
Sincerely,