Author Topic: Splatoon 2  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Splatoon 2
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:56:03 PM »

Ok lets try this again :P since there's more info time to make a dedicated thread about it!!

Things we know so far:
Still doesn't have a confirmed release date
There will be a single player campaign much like the first similar length to it will take 2 years after the events of the first game
Amiibo support is in will most likely unlock the same type of things like in previous game
While Miiverse will not be making the jump to the Switch, Splatoons game director has stated they are looking to make their own version of the miiverse for splatoon 2 so we can keep making cool pictures and crazy messages in the lobbies
LAN support you can play with your friends offline supports 8 players
Spectator mode check out this video to see how it will work:

and GLOBAL TEST FIRE IS BACK!!!! happening on the 24-26 of march they'll be showcasing the newer weapons and remixed weapons they will be doing it much like the first test fire with the game active at certain times of day on test fire days kinda wish they would just let us play all day like other betas watch the video below for info and game times!

There's also a translated interview with the game director Hisashi Nogami lots of good info about some of the things i've covered along with talk of the weapon changes and how the specials have been revamped from the ground up http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-producer-talks-a-ton-about-weapons-mobile-app-usage-graphics-hd-rumble-more/

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:58:23 AM by The Doctor »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon 2
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
Looks nice and all,  but I dont like paying for online and since they are going for online only, ill stick to my PS4 and to a lesser extent xbone. Maybe one day ill buy the Switch, but its more of the same. It would be cooler if they let us play with the Octo kids skins.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »
online play will be between $17-26 a year depending on what they decide that's far cheaper than xbone and ps4!! and the game is not more of the same you and I haven't even played it yet :P but I will be in march I will stay up all hours of the 3 days playing test fire MUhahahahaaaaaaaa!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:04:21 AM »
Ill hold off on getting the switch, I cant see my self getting it day 1 maybe as a black fridaygirlfriend deal or something but not likely day one.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:16 AM »
global test fire starts tomorrow be there or be a squid forevers!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 04:38:18 AM »
Umm is it available on the WiiU???
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 06:39:05 AM »
lol no just no why would they do a test fire on the wii u for a sequel only available on their new system?

I am loving Dualies gotta get my rapid fire on! still getting used to not having a second screen I really miss that feature of the wii u!!! and I keep hitting X as i've been playing nothing but ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA!! and by default the jump button is X but in splatoon X brings up map kinda annoying, the Specials are quite cool dualies get a jetpack/cannon, rollers have this smashdown attack awesome when we wipe on enemys and lay down a ton of paint, splat chargers have a variation of killer wail which you can slowly move around I gotta say splat chargers are not my cup of tea and hard to be competitive in turf wars, splatter shot has the tenta missles I kinda failed at locking on with them lol

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »
glad your having fun, did you have to buy the online pass or is it free for a bit?
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 03:16:17 AM »
Its free till they say it isn't the nz scene is very active in Splatoon, Mario Kart and Smash so there will always be plenty of people to play

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 12:29:48 AM »
good for them. i thought they were gonna roll out the pay for online like XBOX and PS did.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »
http://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#introduction

Interesting stuff Callie's gone missing possibly kidnapped by the octos or even worse JOINED THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!!!! which I refuse to believe as Callie is best girl and Marie is MEH!!!

July cannot come soon enough I kinda wish they would swap ARMS and Spaltoon 2's release dates around........

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »
Sigh... I wanna try and play #2 but its just not worth buying a system for only 2 games... I also have lost a lot of respect for nintendo dropping support for pretty much everything they make...
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/this-official-splatoon-2-headset-looks-like-a-pain-to-use-439156.phtml

Nintendo has gone full retard with this headset you have to plug your headset into a HUB then connect both your phone and the switch, how drunk were the Nintendo Hardware department when they came up with this?? LOL oh and the cables are short as hell nintendont gonna nintendo please understand, how hard is it to just use 1 cable and long to the switch or Bluetooth because the switch has that capability just saying!!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »
I heard this is only 1/2 the wires and plugs you need. There are 3 more that connect to the HDMI port, and the AC port on the bottom of the Switch, plus a small satellite dish that connects to the bottom of that black box arrow adapter thing to beam your voice out to space for even better wireless sound!
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 01:56:26 AM »
Sigh... I wanna try and play #2 but its just not worth buying a system for only 2 games... I also have lost a lot of respect for nintendo dropping support for pretty much everything they make...

Playstation Move and x-box Kinect would like to have a word with you :D and whatever happened to Playstation VR? it showed up last year but since then not a peep

anything