Author Topic: We are BACK!  (Read 380 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
We are BACK!
« on: January 06, 2017, 02:12:38 AM »
What happened you might be asking? well just before Christmas our host informs me they are going to be doing upgrades to the server they'll package everything up and migrate all our files and data bases over, there will be 3 hours of downtime you have nothing to worry about. That was the beginning of our troubles the whole process did not take 3 hours like they said it would and they never e-mailed me back to inform me when it was done.

When I finally got word back the process was complete there were errors all over the place I worked with our host to resolve the problems but the forum would not fire up so I decided to do a fresh install and restore the database that way but it was not to be I still have no idea why the database won't transfer over like it should.  I will keep trying to recover the older data bases so we can retrieve guides, reviews and other useful stuff

Long story short we are gonna have to start over which means everyone will have to re-register when you see this the old boys of rom nation will of course be given V.I.P status :D, guides will need to be re written or linked to, will look into video guides there's tons of them out there these days most people find it easier to folllow some guy on the internet rather the the written word

Also if you find any errors on the forums please let me know so I can deal with them

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Re: We are BACK!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:43:48 PM »
It seems our host isnt' done fiddling around with the server the site was inaccessible to me 2 days they made changes to the DNS server didn't bother informing me so I made another inquiry only to be told this should right itself in 1-2 days i'm so not impressed with our host right now   >:(

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:23:14 AM »
im starting to think we should switch. i dont like shenanigans! but i figure this place is cheap or free and thats why you dont wanna trade it in yet.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:04:47 AM »
We are paid up for another year so yeah don't really want to lose money.......... in the past tmdhosting has been pretty good upgrades have gone through really smoothly very little down time but recently that has not been the case and the lack of communication on their part isn't helping matters

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:50:59 PM »
Dammit! Well next year remember to switch providers and move us to a new hang-out
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.