Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (aka NX)  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Nintendo Switch (aka NX)
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:44:50 AM »
Alrighty what we know so far it will cost $300usd, RELEASING 3 MARCH 2017 this applies to United States, Japan, major countries in Europe, Canada, Hong Kong, AUS/NZ too! and other territories tbc. The Legend of  Zelda: Breath of the wild is a Confirmed launch day title Splatoon 2 yay! zelda finally!! nintendo is going the pay to play online route this time around not sure how I feel about this as their whole online system is woefully inadequate as it stands but on the plus side they will be giving everyone a free trial at launch which lasts about month before cycling into a pay service I think they are just testing the waters on this one along with free game a month think psn+ or games for gold type service they have tons of old games the can flog off at users.

REGION FREE!!! yes you read that right REGION FRACKEN FREE they've finally listened it makes no sense to do this i'm liking the new Man in charge of Nintendo REGION FREE!!!!!

Battery life of the portable side of the switch will run from 2.5 to 6.5 hours, pro controllers will cost $70usd, joycons will come in red and blue along with the black as shown in the presentation motion controls are back yay........ they are using the same touch tech they used in the wii u and 3ds, joy cons can be used to have sword fights, play tennis and even simulate ice cubes going into empty glass with force feedback pretty cool if I say so myself

Games that are a coming this is just a general list some were shown very briefly the presentation:Splatoon2, Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Bomberman R, Sonic Mania, Skyrim, Fifa, Mario kart 8 Deluxe the squid kids from splatoon are playable!!,  ultra street fighter 2, dragon ball, fire emblem warriors, Shin Megami Tensei, Arms, Just Dance, Has Been Heroes, 1,2 Switch, Rayman, Suda51 showed up and said Travis Touchdown will be making a return but not in a no more heros game possibly a wrestling game he showed off some artwork and mentioned its still early days for Travis!!

Miiverse and Streetpass will not be making it to the Switch which is a shame I really liked the Miiverse even though it was heavily moderated because many couldn't act like adults or show some form of maturity people were pumping out cool nintendo artwork maybe it will make a comeback on the switch at some point

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:07:37 AM by The Doctor »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch (aka NX)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:49:09 AM »
The only game im interested in for thea Switch is Splatoon 2.... even then Splatoon has ruined me... all the japanese players terrify me...
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:52:53 AM »
I haven't played splatoon in awhile but them Jap players are nothing special :P its just funny to read all the comments on the facebook page complaining how good the japanese are at the game haha

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »
It mostly becuase i havent played for about 6 months, and also they seem to get enough coins in the game to re-roll their gear and get triple or even in some cases OCTUPLE stat boosts that basically compensate the short falls of the weapon they use and basically make them unstoppable. also more often then not, im the only non-Japanese player on the team, and im also the lowest level player at a paltry level 42....
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »
I don't play all that often these days but my gear still holds up :)

presentation is 5pm New Zealand time its not very often this side of the world gets viewer friendly time usually its 3am on Tuesday when I just cbf lol vooks has a nice little viewing guide for days and times worldwide http://www.vooks.net/nintendo-switch-presentation-2017-viewing-guide-times/

there will also be a treehouse stream showcasing all the games shown the very next day I won't be home most of the weekend but will try and have a look at it later

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 03:29:03 AM »
EEEhhh... ya... im not really feeling that "DAYUM SUN! I GOTTA GIT ONE O THOSE!" vibes... the PS4 gave me that vibe and i dont regret it, the XBONE gave me the opposite; "PFFFFT ya, you can keep it.." but yea i ended up getting an XBONE because of reasons... well $250 Canadian with almost 10 "free games" (5 came with the system, then i price matched a whole bunch of deals from other stores and sent in a rebate voucher, trust me it gets crazy) and $100 worth of movie theater tickets (which in this economy was equal to about 8 tickets, i think i had to cough up about $5 or $10 in total to make up the difference on the last few).
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 06:09:13 AM »
Well you get a nintendo console for nintendo made games now that they are merging their handheld and console division's perhaps we'll get a steady stream of titles this time around Wii U is basically dead even if they don't want to admit it and there hasn't been many big games i've wanted to buy/play on the 3ds I just wish they would stop teasing Wii U owners that were promised a Zelda title with here's another screenshot of a game you can't play cause we're holding it back for the switch aswell na na na!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 11:04:10 PM »
Yea they really like to kick us in the nuts... they are more interested in re-releasing the retro games via N-shop, and the NES Mini.... which has beenbeen hacked to play A LOT more games.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:48:50 AM »

Since this image is doing the rounds might as well jump on the bandwagon :P

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 06:43:47 AM »
Bump for Presentation see first post because I can!

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
Tree house is going i'll put up vids in the first post some of those IGN people playing are very cringe worthy I doubt none of them have touched splatoon 1 ever soo much face palm right now quadzookas are a thing heheh an ink jet packs too soo cool , mario kart 8 deluxe has battle mode!!! something many complained about the original game lacking better late than never right??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:50:38 PM by The Doctor »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
agreed, i was watching the video and who ever was playing was shooting walls and just wasting time and ammo, i think the person thought "oh swim through ink to reload/refill" and was just tapping the swim button thinking it refilled 100%... even i figured stuff out pretty quick in the first 2 matches i played... the last thing i had a hard time finding out was how to jump to an ally position. even then i basically had the game down pat within about a week.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 06:40:21 AM »

I'm just gonna leave this here and backs away from the guy playing on the toilet :P

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »
Hey man, dont bash it, sometimes thats the only time you can play with these crazy workloads these days..... lol! Ill be honest here the switch doesnt really appeal to me as much as I thought it would, its nice they are trying to do the whole Vita thing, but it looks like another WiiU situation on our hands... meaning interesting console, but thenno games for it... I head they are bringing "World Of Goo" and "Binding of Isaac".... that is not innovative! Also a lot of the launch games are kinda lack luster. Infact "Arms" is wii boxing with a new skin and powerups. Once again I only see my self playing Splatoon 2 but I refuse to pay for theyour online component.
Sincerely,

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »
I have a feeling Nintendo will rely heavily on the N-shop and sales of the classic games. I heard a lot of rumours that there are only that handful of games you mentioned for the Switch for the year. So if they want to compete against the big kids they better step up!
Sincerely,