Author Topic: Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection coming out this year  (Read 70 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection coming out this year
« on: April 14, 2018, 03:06:27 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/the-shenmue-1-2-collection-is-real-and-coming-this-year-498594.phtml

Hot off the press! Sega just announced Shenmue 1 and 2 are coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and and for the very first time PC!!  Sega have stated these will be the definitive editions with both English and Japanese voice acting, modern and classic control scheme's, scalable resolution, pc gfx options and more!

It was only a matter of time for this to happen since Shenmue 3 was successfully crowd funded a few years back so its only natural Sega would watch in on some of the action and maybe bring in a new generation of Shenmue fans

also the steam store page is live right now! add it to your wish lists people and lets blow up steam :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:08:32 AM by Tommy Oliver »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection coming out this year
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:45:13 PM »
I will consider getting it... im not that in to the whole go around and do stuff kinda game... at least from what i understand that Shenmue is. if you can convince me otherwise, ill put it on my 'buy list'.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:10 AM »
Open world games are awesome you take that back!!! Shenmue has tons of mini games, its a game within a game its what made it famous and paved the way for the likes of Gta, sleeping dogs and saint's row.  It also has tons of storyline which is still not finished hence them making a 3rd game some people even complained they had too much dialogue

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:18:45 AM »
August 20 is the official release date for the remasters and SEGA has been kind enough to release a FAQ clarifying certain statements they've made with the port https://shenmue.sega.com/faq as well as confirming something we all feared the game is hard locked to 30fps this will make many angry for sure but it is what it is I do wonder if Durante can work his magic once again

anything