Author Topic: You know what needs a remastered edition....?  (Read 222 times)

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
You know what needs a remastered edition....?
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
So i was reading through some older posts and our good friend Hito once mentioned; "this gen is the king of remasters". So in light of that, what games would you want to see get resurrected for this generation?
The game may have been released only in a specific country, or on a failing system, or maybe just has been a long time and an updated version needs to come out.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: You know what needs a remastered edition....?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »
I will get the ball rolling;

1) Shantae - GBC - all the other Shantae games have a remaster and update, why not the original?

2) Princess Crown - Sega Saturn - the grandmother of the "Crown" series of games, it is great, i have a copy of it on PSP, its tricky as they lost the source code and it was only released in Japan, Korea and Hong Kong.

3) Wario Land - Virtual Boy - i tried this via emulator and its pretty good. If they can colourize the game it'd be great!
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:12:53 AM »
1. I wouldn't mind full on remakes of Crusader:  No remorse and No Regrets which sadly EA owns the rights to no chance in hell of that happening at least they still work via dosbox emulation

2. The original Guilty Gear which is actually happening and coming to pc lol

3. Legacy of Kain series

4. Devil May Cry 1 and 3 which has happened with the HD collection

5. Halo Master Chief collection which is rumored to be coming to the PC

6. Gears of war series I know they've remastered the first one and brought it once again to PC but I would love to play the other 2 games have yet to play the newest one

7. splatoon 1 on the switch :D just to piss off logan muhahaha!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 07:24:29 PM »
How would having Splatoon 1 on Switch anger me?
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »
well they could shut off the wii u servers then and no more trying to get to level 50 hehehe evil I know!

I just thought of a few others ironically owned by EA aswell

Wing commander
Command and Conquer
Red alert
need for speed most wanted 2005 version not that crappy 2012 abomination

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »
I would imagine they would consolidate the WiiU and Switch servers.

Also yes the EA games. However they technically did release C&C as a bundle.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 06:45:15 AM »
I was just thinking about this game a few days ago CHAOS LEGION!!!! time has not been kind to it released in 2003 when crapcom wasn't as bad as they are now, its a 3rd person hack and slash similar to devil may cry but you can summon legions to fight at your side I think there was 5 of them with a 6th one you had at the beginning but lose it due to the bad guy messing you up and taking it away from you it was called Thanatos he was OP as hehe fortunately you can get him back by collecting all 9 fragments of him and leveling him up to do uber damage, each legion had it own special ability that you could level up some were almost essential to beating bosses.  The music was amaze balls!!  sadly my ps2 laser died awhile back I haven't looked into where I can find replacement parts and even doing a hdmi conversion at some point would love to play it again.  I remember many happy hours went by playing this game back in the day it did have some rpg elements which meant you go back and replay levels to grind up xp for POWA!

It has a somewhat generic storyline but cool none the less Hero trying to save his best friend turned bad guy because he promised bad guys dying girlfriend he would look after him, bad guy vows vengeance on hero/blames him for the death of girl friend plans to unleash ancient evil he was once tasked with locking away again to destroy the world   

I just recently found out there's a PC version!!! it would be cool if crapcom released it on steam or gog maybe HD it up for today's standards?? a bit of google fu has come up with rips of the pc version some look highly questionable at 92mb.......... most of them have the music and movie files ripped out or compressed to hell...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Legion

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:49:25 AM by Tommy Oliver »

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 05:07:49 AM »
I would imagine they would consolidate the WiiU and Switch servers.

Also yes the EA games. However they technically did release C&C as a bundle.

About that EA's C&C bundle was just a box with a code to download from their Origin server baahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!! talk about giving pc gamers the middle finger

Supposedly EA is looking to remaster some of the C&C games for the 25th anniversary coming up in 2020 (why do they keep reminding us we are kinda sorta older now?) they claim they will also not be adding in Micro transactions uh huh EA we totally believe you there!! they also want fan input as to which c&c games should be remastered

also clicking on the reddit link its actually quite disturbing how many people are willing to shell out $$ for skins to keep the server's running they claim or you know they could just release the server files so gamers can run servers ourselves like we used to in the 90's and early 2000's when publishers decide to cut support for online play there's a novel thought!

https://www.destructoid.com/-update-ea-s-planning-to-remaster-some-classic-command-conquer-games-on-pc-526719.phtml

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 11:19:31 AM »
I realize now i may never play the C&C collection. But realistically the one game i really liked was C&C Renegade, and now you can play a fan-made remake for Free! I know there's probably a lot of gems in the C&C collection. My 1st experience with C&C was Renegade followed by Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge, where i mutated soviet conscripts into brutes and used the grinder to "recycle" them in to credits to buy things. Good times.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »
The original c&c and red alert games are a given for remakes, the first generals game was pretty good everything after that EA trashed to hell putting in MOBA element's and making them play more like starcraft, its no wonder the original Westwood crew walked after EA got it's meat hooks into the studio and was a death knell for command and conquer I heard c&c4 was really bad they took out the traditional base building in favor of a mobile base and you could only build one type of unit at a time that made no sense for the series they threw everything that we loved about the original games burned it to the ground
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:34:56 PM by Tommy Oliver »

anything