Author Topic: Voltron Legendary Defender  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Re: Voltron Legendary Defender
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 05:37:39 AM »

December 14 the final battle begins Voltron FIGHTS FOR ALL REALITIES!!!! I'm not ready for it to end!!! :(

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »
I figure I'll get around to this eventually, but it's hard to find time between the 6 games, 3 shows and 10 movies I still need to get through before tackling my 200+ media backlog.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 03:10:38 PM »
Ok I finally finished watching Voltron, what do you want to discuss??
Sincerely,

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 01:48:01 AM »
Ok Hito I'm waiting for this discussion!
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 08:43:54 AM »
The ending dude, Allura sacrifices herself to save basically EVERYONE!, Lance and Allura going on a date and finally confessing their feelings for each other only for that to be violently ripped away at the end alot of people were not happy about this....... also pidge and her family create Voltron Vehicle Force!!!!!!!!  I loved that soooo much if they every decide to revisit the franchise DO THAT!!!!!!! 

The vocal fanbase complained the final season everyone's personalities had changed to cold and distant where as I saw it as they were battled hardened they just barely survived the battle with the Gaalra and then Hagger attacks out of nowhere and they have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to defeat this new foe.  Then all of the Voltron team but lance moved on he became a single bachelor living on a farm while everyone else go to go on and do cool stuff alot thought this was a cop out just this once I agree with them.  The show was about War and Sacrifice and the vocal haters entirely missed the point of the show the showrunners stated this many times but the fanbase were to busy shipping Shiro and Keith which was NEVER going to HAPPEN(fucking get over it already!!) or being angry at the show runners because they said Shiro was gay and his boyfriend would show up he did in a flashback as he was already dead for the war with the Gaalra and all

So in closing the Fanbase is a complete embarrassment they went as far as attacking the showrunners and voice actors because they didn't like the ending and kept screaming lalalalaspacemagiclalalalala 

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »
Season 8 was a bit sub-par in some aspects, but had enjoyable parts.

-

-I feel Allura's death although almost unavoidable, was very understated, and i feel they didnt utilize her as much as they should have, a lot of missed opportunities. I am in the "WHY 4 U KILL SPACE ELF GIRL?" camp, that maybe there could have been a different way to deal with her. it was more *Poof-Dead* and that's it.

-Lance and Allura's relationship was great, and it should have been explored more, and also ties in to Allura NOT dying.

-I also found season 8's writing to be a little weaker, i think they were running out of ideas close to the end and tried to re-hash some stories.

-One counter argument i can make is that Allura is NOT dead, but pulled a Shiro and is merged with the Blue lion's psyche.

-Also WHERE THE HELL DID THE LIONS GO?!?! it would have worked better if they stuck around.

-Kudos on Hunk making a culinary school and PROBABLY getting hitched with Shay the Balmaran.

-One thing i was wondering, because it wasnt clear; what happened to the Olkari? I know their planet got blown up but a bunch got off before... ALSO, there were a whole bunch on earth after the occupation by the Galra.
Sincerely,

anything