Author Topic: Streets of Rage 4  (Read 220 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Re: Streets of Rage 4
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »
its $20-30 digitally depending on which storefront you buy it on..............

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »
Shop4Ca has it for 40$ physical and it comes with a poster and Keychain... i think ill snag that while i can.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 03:48:29 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/streets-of-rage-4-nearly-had-shinobi-s-joe-musashi-guest-starring-590782.phtml

We almost had Joe Musashi from Shinobi? I wish I never knew this news!!! due to some legal licensing crap which I find bizarre does SEGA own shinobi or not? Dotemu couldn't include him the game.  I do hope that Estel become playable at some point Dotemu are keen to support the game for some time and not have us wait another 20 years for SOR 5 by then I really will be in the rest home I dread to think what my gaming reflexes will be like then hopefully its just one button that will play the game for me and feed me custard

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 10:45:28 AM »
Well i ordered my physical copy from Shop4 the other day with a $5 discount, so all i gotta do is wait, and soon my copy will be in my hands!! MUA HA HA HA!
Sincerely,

Offline elevator_kart

• V.I.P
  • Extra Life +2/-0
  • You lose You leave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 12:24:25 PM »
I bought the Steam run :D

It's been out a few days I just started playing this morning Axels my goto guy for SOR, but he feels really slow his combo's don't do enough damage nor his specials he can't run (there's a thread petition on steam to buff poor Axel so he's actually fun to play) neither can blaze which is somewhat disappointing, new character Cherry can run and leads into some pretty cool combos I just unlocked ADAM HUNTER!!! and he feels faster to and just looks cool! lol he's also Cherry's dad! then there's the other new kid on the block Floyd he's got mecha arms which I like using his mecha arm grab to beat on punks.  I kinda wish there was a parry or side step its really easy to get hammered by a group, fall damage takes off way to much health in my opinion.

You really have to learn enemy attack patterns unlike the original games where you could just wail on them I think this is why it feels harder than it should

Boss fights are pretty cool they brought back the originals like NORA!!! there's even secret boss fights I just looked up how to do them but you don't get anything from doing them other than bragging rights I guess.  Roo makes an appearance but he's non playable which sucks if I could free him I would I hope they add him as playable DLC down the line would be cool to do some Kanga Boxing.  One of the bosses is a Cop she has some really cool moves and mistakes your band of vigilantes as criminals kinda wish she was a playable character her special moves would fit in with the group

Edit: to unlock the pixel classic SOR characters you have increase your overall score by playing through multiple times with different characters this is a lifetime score so you don't have to worry about it resetting so far I have unlocked from SOR 1 axel, adam and blaze from SOR 2 I have Max i'm playing through with pixel Axel and he is absolute monster!!! his walking speed is faster and his attack speed is insane! Compared to his SOR 4 version which I just don't understand if he's slower shouldn't he hit harder? I guess he's not like Terry Bogard who gets stronger with age :D

I still haven't figured out how to get to the final secret boss there's no taser for me to do so!! might look up a guide must be something i'm not doing

I bought it also on Steam
It's cool   :toothy9:
Remind me of the good old days

At last max is back
I just wish you could play as MAX (with the new art - the one appear as a boss) that would be awesome also

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »
I bought the Steam run :D

It's been out a few days I just started playing this morning Axels my goto guy for SOR, but he feels really slow his combo's don't do enough damage nor his specials he can't run (there's a thread petition on steam to buff poor Axel so he's actually fun to play) neither can blaze which is somewhat disappointing, new character Cherry can run and leads into some pretty cool combos I just unlocked ADAM HUNTER!!! and he feels faster to and just looks cool! lol he's also Cherry's dad! then there's the other new kid on the block Floyd he's got mecha arms which I like using his mecha arm grab to beat on punks.  I kinda wish there was a parry or side step its really easy to get hammered by a group, fall damage takes off way to much health in my opinion.

You really have to learn enemy attack patterns unlike the original games where you could just wail on them I think this is why it feels harder than it should

Boss fights are pretty cool they brought back the originals like NORA!!! there's even secret boss fights I just looked up how to do them but you don't get anything from doing them other than bragging rights I guess.  Roo makes an appearance but he's non playable which sucks if I could free him I would I hope they add him as playable DLC down the line would be cool to do some Kanga Boxing.  One of the bosses is a Cop she has some really cool moves and mistakes your band of vigilantes as criminals kinda wish she was a playable character her special moves would fit in with the group

Edit: to unlock the pixel classic SOR characters you have increase your overall score by playing through multiple times with different characters this is a lifetime score so you don't have to worry about it resetting so far I have unlocked from SOR 1 axel, adam and blaze from SOR 2 I have Max i'm playing through with pixel Axel and he is absolute monster!!! his walking speed is faster and his attack speed is insane! Compared to his SOR 4 version which I just don't understand if he's slower shouldn't he hit harder? I guess he's not like Terry Bogard who gets stronger with age :D

I still haven't figured out how to get to the final secret boss there's no taser for me to do so!! might look up a guide must be something i'm not doing

I bought it also on Steam
It's cool   :toothy9:
Remind me of the good old days

At last max is back
I just wish you could play as MAX (with the new art - the one appear as a boss) that would be awesome also

YEAH!!! hopefully they add him as dlc and there's a petition to change Axels SOR4 look as he looks like a fat homeless hobo instead of martial arts master and former cop,  peeps would also like to use the SOR4 version of shiva getting the original pixel version is gonna take me a long long time lol i'd also like Roo and skate along with Estel she's a must!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 11:15:25 AM »
I just want to get my grubby hands on Roo! Boxing kangaroo! although that may be an animal rights issue... i can just imagine the SOR team getting a ticket or even arrested for making Roo fight for them.
Sincerely,

anything