Author Topic: Telltale Games shutting its doors down to a skeleton crew  (Read 20 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Telltale Games shutting its doors down to a skeleton crew
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:31:02 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/-update-after-mass-layoffs-telltale-is-down-to-around-25-employees-523855.phtml

Wow did not see that coming something must have gone seriously wrong for them to layoff that many people they had 400 last year now they are down to 25 which are being kept on to finish off games and complete contracted games they have with netflix.  From what I saw they were making far too many games at one time and the quality was suffering because of it. 

I hope those that were let go land back on their feet soon as most of them didn't get payouts :(

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Telltale Games shutting its doors down to a skeleton crew
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »
Damn... i got the Walking dead games and Wolf among us and they seem really good. Its sad to see them gutted like this.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 05:59:33 AM »
Telltale games has let go of the final lot of employees and the final season has been taken off digital storefronts due to complaints of incomplete final season that was never going to be finished it's unclear if there will be refunds or if that's even possible given how badly Telltale financials probably are

There is however a silver lining Robert Kirkman (walking dead comic book creator) has been working behind the scenes to get a deal that would allow his game development company Skybound games to complete the final season and is looking to rehire former telltale employees to do this he stated and I quote
He then added, "the world can't lose Andrew Lincoln and Clementine in the same year."
there's no timeline for all of this to happen but at least we will get a ending for better or worse to Clementine's story

I have as of yet to play the previous season as my work buddies saw fit to ruin it for me and mentioned Clementine was not the main focus as she should have been which put me off I may hold off till the final season is completed and do it in one big go

https://www.destructoid.com/skybound-games-acquires-telltale-s-the-walking-dead-will-finish-the-final-season-526100.phtml

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
I have read about this, and i am looking forward to buying the disc when it arrives since i have physical copies of all the other games/parts.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.