Author Topic: Not Quite Digital-Only.  (Read 12 times)

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Not Quite Digital-Only.
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
So I think this can gain enough traction considering how many 'Digital-Only' Physical Copies of games i have picked up recently from the UK, Hong Kong and even Japan, even back on the Vita and PS3 i got some Physical 'Digital-Only' games from other countries. Here's a list of games that i got that were supposed to be Digital-Only but someone decided to throw some physical games for reasons (in no order):

KEY: Aus = Australia, NA = North America, HK = Hong Kong, Jap = Japan, UK = United Kingdom.

- Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4, NA)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (PS4, NA)
- Shantae Risky's Revenge (PS4, NA)
- Arizona Sunshine (PSVR, UK)
- UnEpic (PS4, HK)
- Severed (PS Vita, HK)
- Super Hot (PSVR, UK)
- Okami (PS3, HK, Yes I also got the PS4 version, SHUT UP!)
- Invizimals Alliance (PS Vita, Aus)
- Invizimals Resistance (PS Vita, Aus)
- Invizimals Lost Tribes (PSP, Aus)
- Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP, Jap, technically never released outside of Japan)
- J-Star Victory+ (PS Vita, UK)
- Aer (PS4, UK)
- Book of Potions (PS3, UK)
- Diggs Nightcrawler (PS3, Aus)
- Princess Crown (PSP, Jap, although it was technically NEVER released outside Japan/Hong Kong/Korea)
- Grand Knight's History (PSP, Jap, was exclusive to Japan and possibly Hong Kong)
- Here They Lie (PSVR, UK)
- InFamous First Light (PS4, UK)
- Journey Collector's Edition (PS4, Aus, everywhere except North/South America got a physical release)
- Moss (PSVR, NA)
- Shantae Half-Genie Ultimate Edition (PS4, UK)
- Heavenly Sword (PS3, UK, yes it was available in Canada, but it joined the PS3 party late and it was discontinued and i got 'suckered' in to a UK copy so this one is kind of cheating)

That's the list of games i can recall just by looking at my shelf.

Do any of YOU have a game or two that you had to import to either get a physical copy or even get a copy in general?
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Re: Not Quite Digital-Only.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 05:42:02 AM »
I only do collector's editions if I deem them worth it these days my storage space is some what limited with pc gaming its a almost a complete waste of time since your punch in a code and never look at the box or case ever again. unless I like what's in the collectors box

I still buy physical copies of console games though as it's really unclear of what happens to digital only games if they decide to turn off the servers for old console's one game that comes to mind that has been lost to the wind is Scott Pilgrim vs the World ubifail really screwed up releasing it only on consoles digital only unless you have a functioning ps3 or 360

I do have physical copy of Hyper Light Drifter on Ps4 it was previously digital only but they did a limited physical release last year i'm one of about 9000 people that own it still sealed too I have no intention of opening it ever :P

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Not Quite Digital-Only.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:14:05 AM »
Yes PC "physical copies" are often just DLC codes in a box but i also have a copy of Guacamelee STCE that has a disc AND code so i CAN potentially still play it if Steam goes down. But as you may see these are PS4 disc copies of games, the only caveat for that is the PS4 has to work still.

I enjoy the price point of digital only games but its good to have a physical just in case.

By the way im one of the people that bought Scott Pilgrim Vs The World for PS3 with all DLC! I also got the Marvel Vs Capcom Origins games when they released it for 2 months and then took it down. I also got the X-Men Arcade game for PS3 when they put it up.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.