Author Topic: Hellgate: London back from the dead......  (Read 16 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Hellgate: London back from the dead......
« on: October 25, 2018, 06:37:01 AM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-24-hellgate-london-returns-to-steam

Oh wow I remember this game has it been 10 years already?? I recall my best friend bought it and ended up not liking it so he gave it to me I ended up playing it start to finish.  It was a cool idea a futuristic version of Diablo 3rd person style instead of the top down route (made by the original diablo team) but it was buggy and unfinished you could really tell in the later levels things were missing or not working as intended the developers decided last minute to add a subscription service world of warcraft style this did not go over well with the fanbase they back peddled and over 2 years tried various was to monetize the game but fell flat and alienated the playerbase.  HanbitSoft ended up buying them up and running it into the ground sadly.

The are rereleasing the game on steam with the tokyo expansion that was promised but never came in original release they are putting out the Single player campaign no word if there will be mutliplayer perhaps hanbitsoft have learned their lesson but I don't think so...

I do wonder if i'll be able to get a free copy on steam since I still have the original cd somewhere :D

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Hellgate: London back from the dead......
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 02:32:27 AM »
I recall watching someone review that, I think it was that Yahtzee guy. He said it sucked too.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.