Author Topic: Epic games Launched new Digital storefront on PC  (Read 49 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Epic games Launched new Digital storefront on PC
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:40:00 PM »
https://www.destructoid.com/epic-games-to-launch-developer-friendly-storefront-to-compete-with-steam-533737.phtml

Oh yay yet another one that will totally bring in much needed competition to Steam....... YEAH RIGHT!!!

The only thing its got going for it is that it developer friendly they get to they get to keep a much bigger cut of sales compared to steam which is currently taking 30% of sales, epic will only take 12% I very much doubt they'll pass the savings on to gamers .  Epic Games is also going down the exclusive path with certain games only going to be released on the Epic Games stores one that comes to mind is the final season of The Walking Dead games.

They'll also be releasing a free game every 2 weeks or so, The first one was Subnautica, and now Super Meat Boy as if alot of us don't already own SMB sooooo enticing i'll leave my 200+ steam games for a barebones store front right.......  ::)

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Epic games Launched new Digital storefront on PC
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 01:05:39 PM »
I don't think they know what they are doing... I know companies want a bigger piece of the pie, but, what the hell are you thinking when you make your own service with only 10% of the games everyone wants.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:15:06 AM »
They know exactly what they are doing trying to segregate PC player base which is idiotic, Epic has become to big and greedy

I don't think it will work out for them origin, uplay, battle.net etc are just a drop in the bucket to steam and many will not buy games that aren't on steam and it has been noticed by the publishers

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »
Yea, it's like they didn't take any notes from Steam. Their prices are often stupidly over priced, and their sales are on older titles more often than not. Lets not forget that their system is often just not user friendly or buggy as hell. I know you hate it when i say this: but just let Steam do their thing, they seem to havve it down pat... on the most part.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

anything