Author Topic: The Outer worlds  (Read 65 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
The Outer worlds
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:59:36 PM »

From the Makers of the Original Fallout games Obsidian Entertainment has revealed its new First person RPG The Outer Worlds!!! after the last 5 years of so so/ average RPG's i'm hoping this is good looks like a mash up  of Fallout and Happy funny Space time? at least there's humor and quirkiness which I felt was veerrrrrrrrry lacking in Fallout 4 among great many things which caused me to drop it and never finish that game

Obsidian Entertainment/inxile were recently bought up by Microsoft but the buy out doesn't effect the release of this game it will still release on multiple platforms sometime this year

Please be good! Please be good! Please be good! Please be good! Please be good! Please be good! Please be good! Please be good!

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: The Outer worlds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:54:45 PM »
I'm getting a very "Borderlands" vibe from the trailer. Run around a corporate owned planet and shoot all the things.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:01:01 AM »
Yeah but this will be more of a traditional RPG with lots of shooting things, something that's been sorely missed from recent rpgs I look forward to being a goodie too shoes that sometimes does really really evil things :D

if anything Rage 2 is more like Borderlands but a lite version

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 11:56:55 AM »
Yea, i did enjoy Borderlands when it initially came out, and the humour, but after the 2nd game, i just realized its too much grinding for good weapons and/or levels.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 06:19:34 AM »
loots shooters are unfortunately a thing, Titan Fall, Doom and Wolfenstein a few others are a dying breed of pure shooters these days

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 12:00:51 PM »
blah, i remember the good old days when shooters made you do just that: shoot stuff and go home at the end of the day satisfied, you get unlocks as you got further in to the game! None of this "OH LOOK! a box that i need to pay REAL MONEY just to open, and it turns out to be a crappy common item. if this was some sort of EXTRA option to get maybe a bonus free item then that would be fine.
Sincerely,