Author Topic: Bungie parts ways with Activision  (Read 9 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Bungie parts ways with Activision
« on: January 11, 2019, 06:16:03 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/bungie-set-to-self-publish-destiny-ending-relationship-with-activision-538514.phtml

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

Like I said to my buddies today I did not see this coming, Bungie has announced they will not be working with Activision going forward, they will be self publishing from now on and they have retained the rights to the Destiny franchise.  There will be a transition period both companies are working together to make it as seamless as possible, Blizzard will still be looking after the pc version of Destiny 2 so you can keep on playing.

The separation was a mutual thing and both companies are on good terms, although there are murmurs of craptavision not being happy with bungie not meeting their forcasted budget goals

I think this is a good thing both Destiny 1 and 2 have been a mixed bag and from what my 1 buddy that used to play the first game said the first game was okay but didn't get awesome sauce till the later expansions came out, Destiny 2 on the other hand they made the same mistakes as the first game and didn't improve but kept doing the same things over and over not to mention the XP rigging, micro transactions among other things.

Craptavision basically dragged Bungie name through the mud who know's if they can make amends with the gaming public at large if they do infact make a Destiny 3 it'll be the game that makes or breaks the company going forward

Good Luck Bungie

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Bungie parts ways with Activision
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 12:29:36 PM »
I guess "Yay" is in order? The reason behind it, is because the studio now has free reign on their own IP's and can make games as they see fit. Also, I really have very little interest in the Destiny franchise of games, although I do like the cool armour that some of the characters have but the interest more or less ends there.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Re: Bungie parts ways with Activision
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 06:54:47 AM »
Bungie used to make solid shooters without craptavision co steering the ship so it'll be interesting to see if they still have the magic

anything