Author Topic: Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC  (Read 42 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC
« on: March 14, 2019, 02:49:05 AM »

https://www.destructoid.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-confirmed-for-pc-adding-halo-reach-on-both-pc-and-xbox-546114.phtml

After showing up in the steam data base which seems an eternity ago Microsoft has finally confirmed Halo is back on PC !! not only that it WILL release on both Steam and the Windows Store!!! and on top of that a game that was not included in the master chief collection Reach is being remastered for PC and Xbox as Microsoft wants to release each game in chronological order which starts with Reach, 1,2,3, odst and lastly 4. 

There's no release dates as of yet as microsoft wants to get it right this time around, we all know how Halo 2 vista turned out............

But I do know this is gonna make alot of Halo fans happy myself included I still own the original Halo Combat Evolved the disc case is still up on my shelf and I do fire it up every now and then

Also Redditors have been sending 343 studio's Pizza lots and lots of pizza and they've kindly asked people to please stop there's only sooo much pizza one can eat lol it all started when one redditor user stated if they announce MMC for pc he/she will send 343 studios pizza other found out 343's address and began doing the same after awhile it got out of hand and they had to ask people to stop as they didn't want the food to goto waste

https://www.destructoid.com/fans-have-been-gifting-343-entirely-too-much-pizza-after-halo-pc-reveal-546249.phtml

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:58:44 PM »
I heard about this, kinda too late for me, i ended up buying it on XBONE and then also picking up the Reach XB360 copy from the bargain bin. But glad that you will finally get to enjoy all the games in HD glory!
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:35:25 AM »
other than halo 1 I own most of them on 360 but I prefer to use a mouse and keyboard for all things first and 3rd person shooters no other control set compares, it still annoys me playing warframe on ps4 with my buddies and using a control pad missing shots I know I can make with m/k with ease

Plus owning them on PC means I never have to worry about not being able to play them when that console cycle dies out or my console dies a slow and horrible death

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 02:08:01 PM »
That is true, but you may need to worry that Steam or whatever the new name of "Games For Windows Live" is now. shuts its doors and you now have an inaccessible copy of a game floating in the ether.
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 04:30:51 AM »
Steam isn't going anywhere nobody is going to abandon their 100+ game library for Epic store that's just dumb, also in the event of steam shutting down Gabe promised that the company would release .exes to run your games without steam or you could just download it from somewhere off the internet you still technically own a copy and nobody is gonna kick in your door and arrest you for piracy

https://www.destructoid.com/halo-s-pc-ports-won-t-require-windows-10-547063.phtml

Nice the Halo collection will run on Windows 7!!!!!! they are not sure if it will run on Windows 8........ how is that even possible?? last year when I made the jump to windows 10 I had a serious problem with audio drivers constantly playing up I was contemplating going back to 7 as it works and is reliable and not in constant beta status need constant hot fixes to fix the fix they somehow broke I finally found a fix that worked permanently but I shouldn't have to jump through those hoops in the first place I may still go back to 7 yet.........

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 03:12:27 AM »
I only have my old-world computer dual-booting Windows 7. I have become used to Windows 10 now and its shenanigans.... remember me as I once was Hito... remember!!!....
Sincerely,

anything