Author Topic: USA sentor Anti Lootbox bill has been submitted  (Read 42 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
USA sentor Anti Lootbox bill has been submitted
« on: May 26, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/05/you-can-now-read-the-proposed-senate-bill-that-would-ban-loot-boxes-in-games-aimed-at-kids/

The gaming industry was warned and they continued to carry on business as usual i've read the bill and on paper it sounds great but who know's if it will go anywhere, America has a history of doing nothing while appearing to look like they are doing something, also they have lobbyists with lots of money to throw at senators in high places to get things shut down or delayed but hey if this guy can pull it off say goodbye to all them pay2win games on all forms of gaming ecosystem hahahahaaaaaa! that would be seriously cool

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Re: USA sentor Anti Lootbox bill has been submitted
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
Well either way, we are still making progress to make gaming a less toxic hobby... i hate micro-transactions, and this whole loot box nonsense just like everyone else, and i hope it does go the way of the Dodo, but i have a feeling that game companies will find a loophole or some other sneaky way to squeeze money from us in the future... the jerk-faces!

The funny thing is, im finding there is less and less built-in value in games lately, and it ends up having to be bought off the digital store over the course of a year... and only when they release a GOTY or COMPLETE edition of the game (im looking at you Middle Earth Shadows Of War Definitive Edition and Horizon Zero Down Complete Edition) do we get the whole game that i would presume we SHOULD have gotten from the get-go!

Then again, this rant is coming from the guy that has bought 5+ copies of GUACAMELEE 1 across 3 or 4 platforms, and then bought the "Frenemies" and "Enemigos" DLCs upon hearing about them. So glass houses and/or black kettle scenario applies here i think.

BUT i have yet to BUY in-game currencies or loot boxes! only what i get naturally during play-throughs!
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

anything