Author Topic: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite-Disappointment!  (Read 498 times)

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite-Disappointment!
« on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
So, as many of you may know, I like X-Men and Wolverine, and in general Marvel.

As such I had decided to give in to peer pressure and re-order a copy of MvC: Infinite Deluxe edition (PS4) despite my better judgement, especially with warnings from others stating that there is high possibility that there will be no X-Men this time around, but i waited and waited and finally got my copy in the mail, i cracked openn the box, entered the DLC codes that came inside (In the Deluxe version there is the Carol Danvers Costume, and the 2017 Character season pass) naturally as with most new games, there was a day one patch, which was about 10gb...

Once the download was compete i started the game and went in to the tutorial section to see what if anything has changed since MvC3, and almost immediately i noticed the lack of free-form combos, instead the game telling me to just start tapping "Square to perform combos" i did as it told me, figuring that there will be more advanced moves later, sadly even after completing the tutorial section and going in to a practice mode and adjusting the controller settings, the general strategy remained much the same hit one button until the combo finished and then tap it again or tag your partner in to carry on the combo, much of the moves have been replaced with simple commands like down-corner-forward-punch/kick, or down-corner-back-punch/kick, which is nice, but this limits the character to 4 special moves, and then 2 different super moves when your power bar is full.

My first problem with the game in addition to the watered down controls and terrible story mode was the fact that it conformed that my beloved X-Men were not in the game, so that already angered me.

One other gripe is that despite having the DLC code for 6 characters, the voucher stated that only Black Panter and Sigma were going to be available at launch, and 4 others will be added before December 31st 2017, however made no mention of who these characters are, additionally, i looked high and low to try out these 2 DLC characters that were supposed to appear in the roster, but it seems despite the 10gb download they were not present, so in short i bought a regular copy for $130CAD, and got a big middle finger from Capcom as they laughed to the bank.

I suppose i can take solace in the fact that i bought this copy from EB games and invoked the "Gamer Satisfaction Guarantee" part of my membership, and they took the game back and issued me the $130CAD as store credit, at which point i bought 3 games that were on special, and that at the time of writing this, i am enjoying much more than Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, and for those of you whom are curious, the 3 games i traded MvCi for are: Job Simulator, Agents Of Mayhem, and World to the West!

All in all, the only people i can suggest this game to are new players that want to get experience in playing fighting games, and those who want to keep up to date with the MvC universe, but beware of the DLC that doesnt even activate properly... im certain its a glitch that will add the extra characters eventually, but its just bad programming to not have a game work the way it supposed to or have the content that was promised  ready at launch.

Score: 4/10
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:34:35 PM by LoganN64 »
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:26:56 AM »
Sorry logan I know you wanted the game to be awesome but crapcom is crapcom they aren't capable of churning out good games these days only rehashing HD editions of their old games that were good i'd kill for HD versions of the original MvC and MvC2 :D but marvel vs capcom 3 on steam will have to do for now

I've heard through the grapvine Marvel/Disney had a heavy hand in the development in the game and anything X-men/they don't own the Movie rights to are Taboo and never to spoken of ever again

At this point fighting game wise which I hardly play anymore i'm more excited for the Dragon Ball Fighter Z game being developed by the Guilty Gear/Blaz Blue crew they are sticking with 2D artstyle all the character we know and love are gonna be in it and the combos are off the hook from what they've showcased so far
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:34:46 PM by LoganN64 »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 03:42:06 AM »
Yea, i just had that little lingering hope that Wolverine would have slipped in there, but no... not a hint, maybe in the 2018 Season pass or what ever, but not today.... well upside i basically got a 6 character code that would cost probably $30 more-or-less for free. And then 3 games that are actually good, Job Simulator is hilarious, if you ever see the PSVR on special i highly recommend it, if i didnt buy it last year, i would have picked up the $500 unit, that came with Farpoint, the 'Aim' gun and camera. Right now im waiting for the release of 'Bravo Team', itll be the 3rd or 4th PSVR game to use the Aim controller!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:34:55 PM by LoganN64 »
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 03:57:18 AM »
I will never be buying a VR unit of any kind till they address they Motion Sickness problem I tried VR again on my samsung s7 since it does that still made me feel sick......
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:35:05 PM by LoganN64 »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »
I figured out that if you dont focus on the movement & treat it like any other game its not so bad, the only game that I came close to being sick was "Robinson the journey".... because it was so slow.... im pushing the joystick to the max and the character moves at a snail's pace... and my mind is "wtf move faster Logan! We can run circles around this kid!" I got a headache from it but nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:35:14 PM by LoganN64 »
Sincerely,

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 03:34:33 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-won-t-be-present-at-the-capcom-pro-tour-487086.phtml

Holy CRAP!! first EVO won't support the game now it doesn't even get a spot at Capcom's event LOL!!! you know a game is really bad when the company that made it won't support it ahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:35:22 PM by LoganN64 »

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 03:17:15 AM »
We will look back at this and say "Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Never existed, it went from MvC 3 right to MvC 5... they messed up the numbering scheme."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:35:32 PM by LoganN64 »
Sincerely,

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 07:43:26 PM »
I think i mentioned that i did buy a copy, entered the DLC code and played about 30 minutes before just tossing the game back to the store for store credit.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:35:41 PM by LoganN64 »
Sincerely,