Author Topic: Valve Strikes Back!  (Read 15 times)

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Valve Strikes Back!
« on: September 09, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »

After months of Epic games poaching, Triple A titles, indies games and last but not least kickstarter games left and right VALVE HAS BEEN AWOKEN!!! they've changed their terms and conditions for developers, basically what they above means is if you go through the process of putting your game up for sale on the steam platform and advertise have a preorder period you cannot at the eleventh hour take the game down and tell everyone please go buy it on epic games store because we made a dodgy backroom with them for money up front.  Also you have 30 days to submit game files and cannot with hold patches or content updates

Valve have drawn a line in the sand and said NO MORE!!! i'd actually like them to take it a step further and shut down forums for games that went the EGS route why should they be allowed to use those forums when the game is not for sale on Steam? I see sooo many people flock there going please help game doesn't work i'm a EGS user how is that steams problem?

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
Re: Valve Strikes Back!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 08:18:47 AM »

Okay hold the presses there's been another development in this story it turns out after sidalpha posted his original video some viewers reached out to him and made sid aware that this change to the TOS agreement has actually been there since 2017........... but because of the way Valve operates day to day they probably had no idea the legal team had added it in but if they did know it was there and choose to stay their hand the question is WHY??  I know they won't go after the small time indie developers but the big boys are fair game and I would love to see them make an example out of these crooked publishers it would be pretty funny to see them force Triple A publishers to put back the games that went to epic games with and totally out of pocket in the process

It'll only be a matter of time before they take one or all of these chumps to court and sue their asses into oblivion

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »
Well that's good I guess... the only reason I go on my Epic account is to get the free weekly games. My jewel so far is Mutant Year Zero.
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.

Offline Tommy Oliver

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Extra Life +1/-0
  • Green Ranger Squad
    • View Profile
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:41:12 AM »
wow you were swayed quite easily logan........

Offline LoganN64

• Berserker Canuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Extra Life +0/-65535
  • Berserker Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »
NO I WASN'T! Now, can i interest you in a Free Epic games account? Just sign up and all the free games you can handle will be at your fingertips!
Sincerely,

Sir Logan Johnson, Esq. XIII.