Author Topic: Hajime No Ippo Mugen Game!  (Read 17594 times)

Offline The Doctor

• Time Lord
  • Administrator
  • Extra Lives: 9940
  • Last Of The Timelords
    • Emulation Underground
Hajime No Ippo Mugen Game!
« on: March 24, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
this looks so freaking sweat someone making a mugen game outta Hajime No Ippo!!! for those that don't know what Hajime No Ippo is check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajime_no_ippo and read the manga all of it :D http://www.dynamiteglove.com/ or online viewing at http://ignition-one.confusticated.com/

Basically Run!

Offline discgolfer72

• Extra Lives: 38
Re: Hajime No Ippo Mugen Game!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:06:13 PM »
there is a torrent on the pirate bay  for mugen x  wich can be played on moded xboxes that contains over  200 fighters i am unshure if it contains these  fighters but im shure they can be imported into the xbox version   

it has every  fighter from every fighting game + some other  fighters  and has every worth while stage from all the fighting games

btw its a 6 gigbyte file  so you probaly want to have a larger harddrive installed in your xbox to use it  or you will have to remove some of the fighters

oh and there are nude  fighters as well(mostly the doa girls) its a freakin sweet fighting game

if its ok ill post the torrent link
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 06:10:41 PM by discgolfer72 »

Offline The Doctor

• Time Lord
  • Administrator
  • Last Of The Timelords
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:47:51 PM »
Hajime no ippo is being made from scratch possibly with victorious boxer sprites as base so u won't see them in that 6gig pack lol the vid was added on 22 of feb and it does say on the vid WIP otherwise i'd be playing the hell outta of it

do we dare link to piratebay?? I'd rather not risk it too scary to think about  ;)

Basically Run!

Offline Bludgeon

• Extra Lives: 13
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »
SENDO!  :o

Sweet-titty-fucking-christ this blows my mind.

He's walking his jabs, bobbing, weaving.  Fucking amazing.

I NEED this.  You are the fucking man Hito.

Aww shit can't wait for Ippo, Miyata, Mashiba, Takuma, Kimura, and Martinez.

Offline discgolfer72

• Extra Lives: 38
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »
after reading up on it once this mugen is relased you can import the fighters into xmugen no problem xmugen can use any fighters from any mugen release

Offline jpcline004

• Global Moderator
  • Extra Lives: 41
  • Be a herooooo
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »
do we dare link to piratebay?? I'd rather not risk it too scary to think about

yeah I agree...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:34:40 AM by jpcline004 »

Offline Bludgeon

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 03:14:03 AM »
A few things I noticed after watching the vid a second time.  The background is really about as nicely done as the sprites, except that both ring posts seem to be neutral, would kinda of be cooler if the left one were red or the right one were blue to match the health bars (another nice touch).  Gets me excited to think about the other venues though, Korakuen Hall, the Tokyo Dome, and the Budokan.  Can't wait to see what the artist does with those.

One other thought however is that Takeshi wasn't really one of the taller featherweights like Miyata or Date.  In fact, he was barely taller than Ippo, so he'd be on the low end of the spectrum, so you would almost have to imagine the giants like Ryo and Sawamura fighting up in the health bars and that poses its own problem.  Any sprite can fight itself well, but when you account for totally different body types it changes the situation completely, like we've seen in mugen before.  Still probably not too much to fret over, I have faith.

I'm also guessing the vid ended where it did because there are no knockdown/out animations.   That makes me wonder however if there will be knockdowns with counts at all, or will there only be knockouts, and how could the various rounds be judged.  I'm guessing it won't be a boxing style system and your towards your standard 3D fighter, best of three since round 1 is slotted for 99 seconds instead of 3 minutes and the pacing seems to have one down before then.  But that's fine as well.  Giving the player too many defensive options to drag out the pace never fit too many fighting games anyway.

Still so pumped.  O0

EDIT:  Also doesn't seem to have a counter system like other HnI games.  I would normally think that's good but there's a potential to help keep characters truer to their in-print counterparts while at the same time maybe balance the game in the process.  Miyata after all should never be the fighter who sets the pace or has an all out offense, and Makunochi should be an offensive and defensive powerhouse, but you factor in their reach slight speed difference and a counter system, automatically you have a balanced match up.

Does anyone know anything solid since I'm just here speculating?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:32:42 AM by Bludgeon »

Offline The Doctor

• Time Lord
  • Administrator
  • Last Of The Timelords
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 05:26:52 AM »
http://westbound.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=HnI&action=display&thread=1206224962&page=1
2nd page they've found his forum though its not loading for me probably a ton of people are hammering it plus some say it takes forever to load, looks like I was right bout using the ps2 game movements as a base hehehe, sprites are hand drawn in high res much like sammy does not much is known other than he'll release a beta with 4 working chars to try out at some point

aoki and the frog punch LOL!!!!!!!!

Basically Run!

Offline Bludgeon

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »
Ohh man those other sprites are fucking gorgeous.  :o

I saw the four character beta thing on the youtube comments, but I'm very impressed with the info over there.

Saw you post in the latest chapter discussion thread too.  :P  Never figured you for diggin' Ippo, great series.

Offline The Doctor

• Time Lord
  • Administrator
  • Last Of The Timelords
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:56:54 PM »
lol yeah I started reading when the Ippo wars began Snoopycool vs Ignition-One = IGNITION ONE IS THE CHAMP!!!  O0

Its a great little manga and very addictive and not as predictable as the other mainstream manga titles out there I miss Aoki Gumi!!  One my fav matches ever is still Takamura vs David Eagle *runs off to read it again :)*

Basically Run!

Offline Bludgeon

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 07:06:35 PM »
Yeah I was reading before that during the drought.  I sided with I-O as soon as something was released though, the obvious disparity in quality was there.  The I-O guys were even making fun of the snoopy cool guys for not knowing who guys like Hearns and Leonard were and just making up names to throw in there.

Anyway the real reason I'm back bumping this is I discovered how to view youtube vids in the full res they were upped in, so let's all appreciate these beautiful gigantic sprites as they were intened without all the artifacts. :D

Offline The Doctor

• Time Lord
  • Administrator
  • Last Of The Timelords
    • Emulation Underground
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
nice and how does one view in high res? please share  ;D

according to the current discussion he needs help programming the fighting system as boxing is vastly different from street fighter type games

Basically Run!

Offline Bludgeon

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »
&fmt=18

Just slap that on the end.  It only works for more recent vids, like within the last year I think.  I'm not too positive of the actual date they started saving them in their actual res.

But yeah, some people complain of sound issues and of course it will take longer to load but who cares about that?  :P

Offline Bludgeon

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »
Double post but whatever.  I don't think editing a post bumps the thread here.  Thought you guys might want to see new shit.

A buddy of mine edited the Miyata sprite into the top image.  I'm still just completely floored by these sprites.

Offline jpcline004

• Global Moderator
  • Extra Lives: 41
  • Be a herooooo
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »
Double post but whatever.  I don't think editing a post bumps the thread here.  Thought you guys might want to see new shit.

considering that either Simes or I double post at least once a day it doesn't really matter here :) LOL double posting or bumping only bugs me when someone asks a question like "this game don't werk" and then an hour later "well, ne1?"